Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Lovely as a Tree with Woodland Embossing Folder

Today I wanted to bring back my favourite stamp set and pair it with the Woodlands embossing folder

I haven't done stamping directly onto an embossing folder for a while and I was surprised to learn that my students have never done this technique before.  Guess what they're going to be doing in class!!??

My favourite stamp set?  Lovely as a Tree!

Using the sponge brayer directly onto the embossing folder (the side with the logo on it) Smoky Slate ink followed by Pool Party ink was applied,

Then using Mossy Meadow ink and the largest single tree, I stamped directly onto the embossing folder three times.

Then I inserted a piece of Whisper White card stock onto the uninked side, closed the folder carefully so as not to shift the paper, and ran the folder through the Big Shot.  Magic!!

After trimming the focal piece to a 4 by 5 1/4" piece, some 3/8" mini chevron Old Olive ribbon as added to the lower part and the focal piece then adhered to the card front.

The sentient, stamped from "Colorful Seasons" was punched with a  2" circle punch and added to the card front with dimensionals.



Two blue birds, from the "Swirly Bird" stamp set were provided a bit of color to the card.




Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Colorful Seasons, Swirly Bird
Inks:  Mossy Meadow, Basic Gray, Pacific Point
Papers:  Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Accessories:  Woodlands embossing folder, 3/8" mini chevron Old Olive ribbon, dimensionals, 2" circle punch





No comments: