Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Framed Mountain Scene that lights Up

Cards that light up are something enjoy making.  I'm certainly getting better creating electrical circuits for the Chibi lights.

The scene I created using the Mountain stamp set from the Occasions catalogue was inspired  by several similar ones I have seen on Pinterest.

However, I went several steps further.

After adding a Chibi light I framed it.



I started with a 5 by 5 piece of Whisper White card stock and used the stamp set and various colours of ink and sponging to create the above scene. The colours of ink used are listed below.

To add Chibi lights on a separate piece of Whisper White card stock I used the tutorial by Splitcoaststampers here

Here's a picture showing the light activated.  You'll see my thumb pressing on the battery that activates the light.

How did I create the stars"  Prior to starting sponging the sky I splattered some liquid embossing fluid with a paint brush flicked over my hand.  Once dry I sponged over top of it, and when I was finished I took an eraser and removed it revealing the stars.


Supplies Used:
Stamp: Waterfront
Inks:
Mountains and Horizon  Basic Gray
Sky:  Pool Party, Marina Mist, Night of Navy
Trees:  Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
Accessories:  Chibi lights (non SU), 5 by 5" frame, Stamparatus

No comments: