Sunday, December 10, 2017

Tissue Paper Watercolour Technique

On Tuesday, at our Team Meeting, the  Tissue Paper Watercolour Technique was demonstrated, and each team member had an opportunity to make several samples. It was a bit messy but I provided gloves - and a good time was had by all.

Instead of using stamping pads I decided to use 3 colours of re-inkers. Tissue paper used was ordinary white wrapping tissue paper but you could use the tissue paper that comes with the Window Sheets.

I used the tutorial found on Splitcoaststampers here

Here are some of the samples I made:

I found that I liked some white space in my samples.  You will also notice that I crumpled all of my samples up to provide extra texture and when they were  uncrumpled  I embossed them with gold or copper embossing powder.

Some samples I made into cards:

After adding the watercoloured tissue paper to Whisper White card stock, rather than adding Window Sheets over it as suggested in the tutorial, I die cut the Rose Wonder die and adhered it directly over top of the sample.  Colours used to create the background:  Pool Party, Marina Mist, and Tempting Turquoise.

For this card I added a piece of Window sheet to the die cut rectangle frame and black embossed the tree from "Lovely as a Tree" on it.  This art piece was then added to the Tissue Paper background and matted it with Basic Black.



No comments: